Ok animal lovers, its time to become a part of something really amazing and feel good about yourself in the process.
Volunteer at Living Love for the experience of your life. All those sweet, beautiful furries need caretakers and here’s your chance. Please give just a bit of your time to them and see what a difference you make.
Click the link below to fill out the volunteer application and join our amazing team. You’ll be glad you did and so will the animals.
A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR AMAZING VOLUNTEERS!
Volunteers are needed for daily care of cats and kittens. Duties include: feeding, cleaning litter boxes and cages, changing and washing bedding from cages and overall general cleaning such as sweeping and mopping. We house 25-35 cats – if you have allergies or asthma this is not the best place for you.
• Volunteers come in for a regularly scheduled recurring shift on the same day and time each week.
• Volunteers must be able to read and comprehend detailed policy and protocol information as well as being able to remember and follow shelter rules.
• Volunteers must be able to understand and fulfill all responsibilities of their role independently.
• Volunteers must be able to physically fulfill the duties of their volunteer role. Most volunteer roles require volunteers to: be able to stand, and/or walk for up to 3 hours; be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. Some positions are more physical than others.
We have both AM and PM shifts daily in the doggery. Daily duties include feeding, watering, walking dogs, mopping and sanitizing indoor kennels, cleaning outdoor kennels, filling dog houses with hay, washing food and water bowls, laundry and loving on the dogs. We also have a need for mowers, and maintenance volunteers.
• Both AM and PM shifts can take up to 3 hours each. AM shifts range from 7am-11am and the PM shift ranges from 5pm-8pm. You choose when you wish to arrive during these times to complete your shift. Generally, the AM shift takes 2-3 hours and the PM shift takes 1-2 hours.
• Volunteers pick their own schedule and commitments online via signup.com
• Once approved, you will receive an invitation to join the signup page online and begin committing your time.
• Training consists of one AM or PM shift. AM trainings are conducted on Saturday’s at 9am. PM trainings can be scheduled for any evening at 5pm or later.